Do you still crave that warm chewy-comfort food feeling from your raw food? Then chances are the dehydrator is what will solve your issues.
The temperature used when “cooking” food with certain dehydrators such as the Kuto dehydrator and the Ezidri Ultra dehydrator still qualifies it as raw because the temperature is low enough. Ranging from between 41 and 46 degrees celsius so as not to destroy the nutritional value. Foods thoroughly dried at lower temperatures will keep just as long as those dried at the usual slightly higher temperatures.
- Garlic & Herb CroutonIngredients 2 cups fresh almond pulp2 small zucchini (baby marrow) thinly sliced1 cup ground flaxseed2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil2 teaspoons mixed herbs2 teaspoons crushed garlic½ teaspoon salt Directions Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, using your hands, to make a soft dough. Place the dough on a dehydrator solid sheet and roll it out until it is about 1 cm thick. Cut the dough into cubes and move to your dehydrator mesh sheets. Dehydrate… Read more
- Greek PizzaBase Ingredients: ½ cup sunflower seeds1 large stalk celery½ cup pumpkin seed1 cup red or white onions thinly sliced1 cup water½ cup ground flax seeds1 apple peeled and cored2 tablespoons olive oil1 clove minced garlic1 tablespoon tamari½ teaspoon salt Directions: Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender, like the Vitamix, on high for 30 seconds. Spread onto a dehydrator solid sheet and dehydrate for 12 hours. Remove from the dehydrator and place on the tray and dehydrate for… Read more
- Seedy CrackersIngredients: 4 cups golden flaxseeds4 cups sunflower and pumpkin seeds2 cups chia seeds3 cups onion and red pepper4 cups carrot & celery veggie pulp left over from juicing1 tablespoon garlic powder1 teaspoon sea salt3 teaspoons mixed herbs(optional)1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Directions: Soak all seeds for 6 hours or overnight in water. Your flax and chia seeds will become very gel likeIn a high power blender, put 1 onion and 2 red peppers or the equivalent of 3 cups. Process on… Read more
- Healthy Buckwheat SandwichIngredients: ½ cup olive oil1½ cups sun-dried tomatoes3 cups sprouted buckwheat1 cup flaxseed meal3½ cups peeled zucchini roughly chopped2 cups apple cored and roughly chopped3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice2 avocados1 large onion½ cup minced fresh parsley Directions: Pulse the olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, sprouted buckwheat, zucchini, apple, lemon juice, avocados, onion and herbs in your food processor until thoroughly mixedTransfer to a large bowl and mix with the flax meal by hand. When mixed, process the whole batter in… Read more
- Tasty Cheezy ChipsIngredients: 2 bunches of kale (washed and torn)2½ cups raw cashews (soaked for 4-6 hours then drained)2 red peppers (seeded and chopped)1 clove garlic2 limes (juice only)1 teaspoon salt (adjust to more if needed) Directions: Wash kale thoroughly and remove the thickest part of the stemTear kale into larger than bite size pieces and set aside in a large mixing bowlBlend red peppers, garlic, lime juice and salt in a Super blenderAdd cashews and blend to a creamy consistencyCombine mixture… Read more
- Sunflower CrackersIngredients: 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked 4 hours, drained and rinsed1 cup walnuts, soaked 4 hours, drained and rinsed½ cup sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped¼ cup filtered water3 cups zucchini, chopped½ cup flax meal¼ cup hemp seeds1 teaspoon sea salt Optional: Herbs of your choice Directions: Process walnuts and sunflower seeds in a Super blender, and mix well but not until its turned into a paste Transfer to a bowlAdd zucchini and process then add to bowlAdd flax meal and… Read more
- Cream Cheeze Spread with CrackersIngredients: Spread2 cups cashews (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained)¼ to ½ cup water3 tablespoons lemon juice1 small clove garlic1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar5 tablespoons chopped chivesSalt to taste Crackers2 cups almonds (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained)1 cup roughly chopped broccoli3 carrots, roughly chopped1 onion, finely chopped½ cup ground light flax seed1 cup water¼ cup soy sauce½ teaspoon Himalayan salt½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper Directions: SpreadPlace all ingredients except chives in Super Blender and blend on high until smoothCrackersPulse almonds, broccoli… Read more
- Almond CrackersIngredients: ½ cup ground golden flax 1 cup water 3 cups almond nuts (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained) 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped fine Himalayan Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste Directions: Stir ground flax in water and set aside for ½ hour to soften Place wet, drained almonds in a Super Blender and process until very fine Transfer almonds to bowl, stir in flax mixture, rosemary, salt and pepper Spread thin on a non-stick / solid sheet and roll… Read more
- Red Beet ChipsIngredients: 12 beetsOlive oil to lightly cover the beetsA sprinkle of Salt Directions: Using a Mandoline slicer, carefully slice your beets into chips Massage your sliced beets with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt Place them on trays in the Kuto or Ezidri Ultra dehydrator at 45 degree celsius for a few hours depending on how thin you sliced them, they shouldn’t take too long in the dehydrator Remove from dehydrator and let them cool for a few minutes… Read more
- Delicious Pulpy Pizza CrustIngredients: 2 cups fresh vegetable pulp 5 sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped) 1 small carrot (grated) 1 cup almond pulp/ground almonds 1 cup ground pumpkin seeds ½ cup ground chia ½ red onion (finely chopped) 3 tablespoons tamari 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon cumin 1 teaspoon sea salt Directions: Place all ingredients in a large bowl Mix all ingredients thoroughly and pour mixture onto a solid sheet on your Kuto dehydrator tray or Ezidri dehydrator solid sheet Press mixture… Read more
- Flax and Carrot CrackersIngredients: 3 cups of carrot pulp½ cup flax seeds1 tablespoon olive oil1 teaspoon mixed herbs and spicesA pinch of salt Directions: Mix all the ingredients in a medium sized bowlSpread mixture onto non-stick sheets on a Kuto dehydrator tray or onto a solid sheet of a dehydrator like the Ezidri dehydrator and spread evenlyDehydrate at 46 degrees celsius for approximately 10-12 hours or until crispCut into cracker shapes and store in an air-tight container Did you know? Carrots are the… Read more
- Zucchini CrackersIngredients: 2½ cups walnuts2½ cups peeled cubed zucchini½ cup ground golden flax seed¼ cup hemp or sesame seed2 teaspoons Himalayan salt (less if using fine Celtic sea salt) Directions: In a Super blender, grind the walnuts into crumbsTransfer contents to a bowlGrind the zucchini into small bits. (Do NOT process into a puree! Keep texture)Add zucchini to the walnuts. Stir in the flax, hemp, salt, and water (½-¾ cup)Add enough water to create a thick, spreadable mixtureSpread evenly on solid… Read more
- Zucchini ChipsIngredients: 1 medium zucchini/cucumber 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt and other seasoning to taste Directions: Wash and slice zucchini/cucumber into thin slices using a Mandoline slicer or a knife In a bowl mix zucchini/cucumber with all seasoning Place zucchini/cucumber on the dehydrator trays Dry in yourKuto dehydrator or Ezidri dehydrator at 50 degrees celsius or until crispy Allow to cool to room temperature then eat the chips plain, dip in avocado or guacamole, or add to cold raw soups or… Read more